Thursday, October 13, 2016

Ignorance is Not Bliss; "RENT"

Why would anyone actually think that ignorance is bliss? Certainly not a bliss if you ask me...

Not knowing what people are talking about makes me feel dumb, stupid and very intimidated. Growing up and meeting more people has been putting me in too many of such situation where I just don't get what people are talking about?? Makes me realise how really ignorant and clueless I am. I don't like feeling this negativity about myself!! It's makes me feel pretty awful, almost self-loathing.

Fine, the basis of "Ignorance is Bliss" is not what I am ranting about, but refers to not knowing unpleasant situation or fact, thus not feeling affected by it. Even so... I would very much rather know the unpleasant than to be ignorant. :(


That was that... I am currently on the way home from a really interesting musical; "Rent" by Pangdemonium. Being ignorant as I always am (lol), I didn't know it is actually an award winning musical, highly raved and actually has a movie! Though I had to google the story to better understand and appreciate the story, I really really enjoyed all the music. Especially the theme(?) song "Season of Love". As always, Pangdemonium casts never disappoint! So good. So so good.


Fast forward 2018 and I still occasionally (sometimes for consecutive days) listen to the original soundtrack. I wonder if Pangdemonium actually recorded their version - I would totally get that version!!


But it's okay; this is as good. ♥

No comments: