Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fate.

​​Randomly, I had a long train of thoughts.

Maybe, just maybe, us meeting people solely happens because of our fate with them. The strangers we pass by, the friends we make, and the friends we lose. Not coincidence, but fate.

And this fate, comes with a...... time limit. Some people continue to stay in your life for a really long time while others.. short and bittersweet?

I've met and lost my fair share of friends. And I've come to realize, some friendships one have may just... eventually drift apart. No apparent reason. Just... time created the distance. And then, some friendships with old friends just happen years later, out of the blue.

I used to feel upset every single time a friendship becomes drifted. It's not because things didn't work out or because any one made a mistake.
Just because............

Maybe, just maybe, us meeting people solely happens because of our fate with them. Fate that's comes with a time limit. When the time is up, the friendship's left to safekeep; Nothing, but just memories left.

Of course, the effort to make things work in a friendship is still important... But, there are just times where these efforts stop working... not because of anyone. Just because... the fate, is up.

Somehow, I feel glad that I'm no longer angry, but more clear minded. Now that I'm no longer clouded by disbelief and anger, I see how stupid I was.

I cannot believe I trusted the story she told me instead of believing his character; one I've known way longer.

I still beat myself for strongly believing in that one-sided story, without verifying the truth. If I did clear the air, things could have been better. I still haven't, but it no longer matters. And I guess, it was just a milestone we had to brave through. At least now, I know that things between us are no longer rough.

Maybe, just maybe, us meeting people solely happens because of our fate with them.

No comments: