Monday, July 31, 2017

Expectation Gaps

. . .

While I understand and know very well that disappointments are inevitable when you have expectations of someone, I actually can't help it when it happens.

Many times, I unconsciously develop some form of expectation. And when that someone ends up 'not meeting' this expectation, I get affected. Upset, most of the time. I thought I had gotten over this phase, but I guess not.

Then again, I am not entirely sure it is an expectation gap this time. It is such a small matter, to be honest.

The gist of today's episode -

When you do something with someone every single workday, and that person just decides on a change for one of the days. Like to not do it on one day together, out of the 5. Typing this brief scenario is making me sound like a petty bitch thinking too much into something, but that is not it. It is the fact that there was no prior mention or discussion about this change, just "this is it". I definitely would not have objected to the idea…… I just thought it would have been nice to have talked about it first. Or at least I would have. And when I brought it up, that person just conveniently stopped replying to it. Like…… :/

What did I expect? I only expect someone would do what I would do for them. That;s all.

Like said, I would have mentioned it first and not just drop the bomb? Like… how difficult is it to drop a text to talk about it before waiting for me to ask about it first, and then inform the change? And even if I do not do that, I would totally address the message instead of ignoring it.

But as Shan has once told me "You cannot put what you would do for another as an expectation for them to meet. Everyone is different."

She's right.

I just have to learn how to manage this emotion.

HMM.

Actually… There is a high probability that it is not an expectation gap this time. More like…..., I am just afraid. I have not been my best to this person over the past 2 weeks, and maybe they just got tired of my shit?

I am a pretty shitty person sometimes.

No comments: