Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Back As Strangers

I have long come to terms with the idea of change. Afterall, 'Change is the only constant in life' (Heraclitus) and change is something no one can ever have a full control of. Many things in life just happen.

Situation changes.
People changes.
Preferences changes.
Relationship changes.
Work changes.
Good changes. Bad changes.

The one change that scares and upsets me the most is in relationships. It's inevitable. People change, we grow up, we believe in different values and sometimes, most of the times, these causes the change in a relationship. Any kind of relationship.

I'll always be affected by any kind of change in all my relationships with people. Friendships especially.

While growing up, I've learnt to make myself get over these episodes. There’s no point crying over spilled milk no matter how precious these..... 'milk' are to you.

Best friends becoming just friends.
Friends becoming just people we used to know.
People we used to know, eventually becoming... strangers. Looking at them, but no longer knowing who they are anymore.

I still think about how things used to be. Even if I've made myself let things go. I miss them. I miss them all.

Today's random entry at work, because a change with someone triggered these thoughts.

I'll brave through them, like how I've made myself move on from so many.

No comments: