Sunday, May 28, 2017

Friends.

Friends.


In school, friends were like the most important people in our lives.

We had plenty of fun together.

We studied together.

We ate together.

We laughed together.

We gossiped together.

We listened to each other.

In school, friends were the second closest to family; In fact, we spend time together longer than with our family.


Or at least…., friends were the world to me then.


I never understood why my parents kept yelling at me for prioritizing my friends. I never understood why my mother kept pointing out the flaws of some friends I used to hang out with. I never really understood why they kept repeating that I’ll get it someday.


I never understood the adults….. Until now.


Friends are still important, but not all friends are.

When life continues and we proceed to the next phase, things change. People change.


Friends.

Some disappear over time.

Some leave you as a way to deal with differences.

Some are there sometimes. They are still there, but not always. Just sometimes.

And then, there’s just this small handful remaining there for you.


It’s just life.


Now, you spend most of your time at work. You spend most of your time with your colleagues. You miss your friends, but when you do have time, you sometimes choose to rest instead. 


Friends are still the second closest to family for me. They make me live a little better, laugh a little louder and smile a little wider. :) I’m grateful for those who stuck by me.

No comments: