Monday, November 01, 2021

I Want What They Have, Friendship

Was watching a scene on "New Girl" where the characters all get together at their island table laughing, talking about the weddings they went to together and just looking like they are having a lot of fun (S4, ep1)...

I realize.......... I more often want the friendships portrayed on TV shows, than being in a romantic relationship (I've watched so many chick flicks, I'm surprised I want the friendships more than love).

&I wonder why......

Friends who always have your back.
Friends you always hangout with. Doing anything and nothing.
Friends who are your best wingman.
Friends you grow up and old with.
Friends who know you so well, they read you like a book.

I have friends like that. Just not like that.

Is this reality? Multiple friends for different reasons. I guess so... Since we are all so different, it is difficult to find a one-friend-fits-all yeah?

And friends in reality grow apart... Not away from each other just...... apart, because we live our own lives too. Own family, kids. Partners. Friends talk less over time. Meet less over time. Hangout less over time. It's life.

Speaking of what I often want from watching shows.... Is it weird that I always only enjoy the chasing in romantic shows? Once couples get together, it kindda just dies for me. Lol.

No comments: