Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Decision To Change



I am surprised a negotiation actually happened when I tendered (was even asked to take some time off to think through), but now... it's no time for regrets!!

It wasn't an easy decision to begin with. I wanted out for a while now, but after going for a few interviews, I relaxed that notion and thought I should just complete the contract and leave after getting my completion bonus.

But when an opportunity comes, they just come... After calculating the salary difference and much (much) deliberation, I have decided to move on.

Besides, the new place would cover what I would 'lose' from the completion bonus - The 13th month bonus which would average out my current monthly salary, but still less than what I have been offered.

Meh.

Can't believe I accepted to start at such a low rate. It's gonna be one hell of a long ride up.

Change • A new place, a new start, effective in 21 days.
I am scared AF, but I know and I will do better.

"If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later!" - Richard Branson

No comments: