Saturday, October 29, 2016

*OMM*

Meditation is an interesting activity; How one can feel more relaxed and maybe enlightened after a session of 'mind clearing'.

Meditation, however, is not an easy activity; It is challenging to stay focused on nothing with your eyes closed (without falling asleep) and sometimes too difficult to sit still (for me because cramps pfft).

Random entry about meditation today because I brought Kesslyn and Jiaxuan for a simple session with Full Circle SG yesterday. It wasn't a random decision to go though... Humans are complicated beings. Many happy people are depressed and crippled inside. We just don't see it.. I suppose they are a lot better at hiding these emotions?

Not sure if the session helped at all though. But, it was interesting to see Kesslyn being slightly defensive when the meditation teacher was trying to answer her question and providing her tips on how to focus on meditation. Lol. A different side to the Kesslyn I've known for many years.

Surprisingly, I thought the session was relaxing, didn't even think I could last the session at first - I can never sit in a cross-legged position for a long time without getting cramps. Lol. But we were told to be comfortable and can actually be in any positions we want! Definitely stretched out my legs and laid my back against the wall. HEHE. There were people who laid down too! So... it was rather comfortable and relaxing.

Nice having someone to guide you through too; it's like instead of trying to focus on clearing your mind, you're focused on the gentle voice.  When you only pay attention to that voice, you naturally stop thinking about other things. The session also included a Tibetan singing bowl therapy. First time experiencing it; very very interesting how the sound could be felt throughout the entire body - the vibration!

I suppose I benefited most out of the session yesterday. Relaxed and ready to conquer. I am too lazy to make this a habit though. Haha.

No comments: